Fix Men’s Baldness Problem with This Quick Non-Surgical Hair Patch Treatment
Updated: Jan 13, 2020
Most of us have seen the movie ‘Bala’ in which Ayushmann Khurrana features as a young man with a receding hairline. While the movie sends out a strong and powerful message to every individual to accept as they are. However, there is no harm in enhancing one’s features or personality with non-surgical cosmetic treatments. After all, REAL life is different than REEL life!
Time Machine Salon & Academy is all set to fix this embarrassing and confidence-scarring problem with a non-surgical hair patch treatment. Let’s get to know about this treatment in detail:
What is Androgenic Alopecia?
Male Pattern Baldness (Androgenic Alopecia) causes a pattern of receding hairline and hair thinning in males. Hair loss in men is usually caused by genetics, age, and change in hormone levels. Although it is a medical condition, it can scar one’s personality and confidence too. Most men in their early 30s or 40s with androgenic alopecia condition have low confidence; feel embarrassed in attending social events and are often teased by their peers.
Fortunately, non-surgical hair patch treatment has become a boon for such clients as one doesn’t have to spend lots of money to restore their crowning glory. Moreover, it is a time-saving and no maintenance treatment.
What is hair patch treatment?
Hair patch treatment also known as ‘artificial hair restoration’ is a non-surgical procedure that allows individuals to have natural-looking hair without any complications. The treatment is easy, cost-effective and can be completed in a single setting. An experienced beautician uses a patch of hair or extension to cover the bald area with the help of special cosmetic glue. The hair patch is custom made to match with the client’s hair.
The beautician is trained to perform this unique treatment on clients who are suffering from androgenic alopecia.
How the male patch treatment is performed at Time Machine Salon?
Baldness differs from person to person. Some people have balding issues from the front and some people experience baldness from the back of their heads.
At Time Machine Salon, the beauty experts consult their clients first and all the pros and cons of this treatment are discussed with the clients. The beauty expert measures the area where the patch needs to be fixed. They study the client’s natural hair color and texture and according to their measurement, the patch is sent out to make. The patch normally takes 1 to 2 weeks to be made. Hair patches are also available in cheaper versions. However, Time Machine uses premium quality hair patches in order to extend the longevity of the treatment.
During the consultation, the glue test (used for a patch) is done to check if the client is not allergic to it. In case, if the client is diabetic or has any kind of health issues, the special tape is used instead of glue.
Once the customized patch is ready, the beauty expert shaves the bald portion, cleanses it well and then the glue is applied. The patch is carefully applied on the scalp. The beautician tries to blend the patch with the natural hair. The client looks different once the haircut is done.
Benefits of hair patch treatment
- The hair patch looks absolutely natural. So it makes them look young, natural and their confidence is boosted.
- The treatment comes with no downtime. It means the clients can go back to doing regular activities like bathing, hair styling, etc.
- He/she can style their hair in the way they want. The hair patch doesn’t come off and so the wearer can go out without any worries.
- The hair patch is stuck on the user’s scalp and they have to maintain the hair just like the normal hair.
- Most importantly, the clients regain their confidence as the hair patch looks very natural and is reliable for a prolonged period. Once the artificial hair is fixed on their scalp, they look much better than what they used to look before.
Are there any side effects?
Since the treatment is non-surgical, there are no side effects and complications. This treatment is beneficial for both men and women of any age suffering from androgenic alopecia.
The cost and duration of the treatment
The non-surgical hair patch treatment’s cost is Rs. 25,000/- and it takes 1 to 2 hours to complete this treatment.
Points to remember
- Advice the client not to put water for 24 hours as it takes that much time for the glue to set.
Post 24 hours, the client can do all the regular activities like swimming, bathing, etc.
- They cannot apply oil to their hair
- Advice them not to use hot water as it will help the patch last for a longer duration.
- Generally, the patch starts loosening up due to sweat and natural hair growth. Hence, the client will need to visit the salon to re-fix the patch. Unlike other salons, Time Machine Salon advises sanitizing the patch after every 20-25 days as the scalp is covered under the patch for so long. Beauty experts do a scalp treatment wherein the scalp is sanitized. The patch is also cleaned. The hair needs to be shampooed and cleaned. Once the hydrating treatment for the scalp is done with hair cleaning, the patch is re-fixed. The whole procedure ensures that the client’s hair and the non-surgical patch are clean and healthy.
If you don’t want to struggle like Bala and want to look younger, then you must watch this video: